COVID-19 Information & Our Response
COVID-19 spreads in a similar way to the flu. Touching shared surfaces, or being in close proximity of people who exhibit symptoms, could be red flags, but please consider the following:
- Social Distancing – retain space between yourself and others while in public spaces. Use proper techniques when coughing, sneezing, or other actions that may cause vapors to leave your body. Use a tissue or your elbow to help control the spread.
- Mask Wearing – wearing a mask over your mouth and nose when in public spaces has been shown to reduce the spread of the coronavirus; this is especially important when in situations where using social distancing is not possible.
- Handwashing – use recommended handwashing techniques. Scrub for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Monitor for Symptoms – if you have fever or chills, cough, loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or other cold symptoms, these can be an indication of COVID19 infection.
- For the latest on service updates, events, and COVID-19 follow us on Facebook.
Our Response to COVID-19
COVID-19 has brought uncertainty and disruption to our communities and all around the world. Please rest assured that our mission to provide quality care for all area patients has not changed. We are doing everything possible to ensure that we can continue to provide quality care without putting the safety and well-being of our patients, employees, their families, or our communities at risk.
Our leadership team remains in constant contact to discuss and update ongoing emergency preparedness planning and utilizes the newest information as it becomes available. For patients visiting any HWC clinics, please take note of the following:
- New Clinic Hours of Operation:
- Warner: M-Th 7:30-5:30 F 7:30-11:30
- All other: M-Th 7:30-5:30 F 7:30-5:00
- Our locations receive extensive sanitation throughout the day.
- All patients must wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the clinic. The only exceptions being for patients with mental or physical disabilities, or other medical conditions that would make mask wearing not possible or unsafe, and for infant children.
- All staff must wear masks covering the nose and mouth at all times when interacting with patients and other staff members.
- Patients that wish to be seen virtually can use the VSee Clinic application to be seen via their smart phone, tablet, or computer equipped with webcam! VSee is available on the App Store and Google Play Store. For more information, please click here
- Please call 800-640-9741 to make an appointment and visit our website for more information on our virtual visit options.
- Pharmacies within the HWC Network, including Hoover Drug, Eufaula Pharmacy, and Checotah Pharmacy, offer convenient drive through window accessibility.
If You Suspect That You Have COVID-19
If you suspect that you have COVID-19, please take the following steps:
- Self-quarantine immediately (stay home, avoid public areas, stay away from others)
- If you need care, call (800) 640-9741 to make an appointment or receive further instructions.
- Wash hands frequently and sanitize high touch area or items often.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding. We are all in this together and striving to provide high quality care in the safest environment possible.
We are closely monitoring the advice provided by the CDC, Oklahoma State Department of Health, and the Health Resources & Services Administration to ensure our employees, patients, families, friends, and communities are kept informed. Stay safe & well!!